Thursday, September 24, 2009

8 years...

It's hard to believe that Martin and I got married a whole eight years ago. And aside from that hour the next day when I totally freaked out, I haven't regreted it for a moment since!

We probably seem like such an odd couple, because we are very different. But somehow, we work. We complement each other and balance each other out, and we are both crazy about each other. It hasn't been all roses and sunshine, but it's always been worth the time and effort. Martin is a terriffic husband and father, and I couldn't ask for a better partner.

We had a nice anniversary. Martin booked the day off work and we decided that rather than do something with just the two of us, we'd have a family outing. We drove across the bridge (makes my blood boil every time, £2.70 each way to cross the darned thing) and went to The Deep. It's the world's only submarium, and very cool. We had been talking it up to Dylan for days, telling him we were going to see big fish. He was completely entranced by the coral reef area and loved all the brightly coloured fish. He was also excited to see "Nemo," and couldn't get enough of the rays--especially the smaller ones with bright blue spots. In the end, he was more interested in those than in the "big fish," pretty much ignoring the sharks and stuff.

So we had a delightful time with the family, then came home to give the kids dinner. We did bath time and bed time at the Mundays' house and deserted the kids there for the evening. Martin and I smuggled a bucket of KFC into the cinema and watched a movie. We had a great time. Very nearly had the theater to ourselves because it was a subtitled showing, but two guys came in at the last minute. We picked the kids up and brought them home to bed. We kind of plan on having a rough morning when we put them to bed there, because neither kid sleeps as well when we interrupt their sleep like that. True to form, Dylan was up at 5am. Edith was the realproblem though, waking up at 4 for a feed, greedily gulping down milk and then throwing it up, first in our bed and then in hers. So our night was filled with crying and vomiting baby, plus late night bed linen changes.

But the day was great, and our date was fun, so I can't really complain. I've got a few pictures to post, but that'll have to be done later. I'm so behind on the housework because the weather is changing and that means my asthma has flared up. It requires constant effort to keep my house from looking dirty and disgusting, and that becomes very apparent when I can't supply that constant effort. But it's kind of nice--makes me feel like I do a lot of hard work and contribute lots to the running of our house!

No comments: