Tuesday, March 30, 2010

A fruitful mornings' work!

We were supposed to get our turf on Thursday, but the garden center called this morning to tell us that it was here and would be delivered to our house within the hour.

PANIC!

As you can see, the garden wasn't quite ready for new turf yet.  So we made an emergency phone call to Martin's dad, and he came right over...
But, while we were waiting for him to arrive Martin had a slightly smaller helper.

I took Edith and did the grocery shopping, and came home to this.  What a difference 8 bags of topsoil makes!
The turf went down really quickly.  While they were cracking on with the job, Edith got a nap and I made a pizza.
Now I have a perfect lawn.  We can't really walk on it much for a little while, but I keep opening the back door just to look at it.  Soooooo beautiful!  The garden is going to look amazing this summer.

3 comments:

Michelle and Nick said...

It looks beautiful!! Isn't it amazing what some grass will do for a place? So do you have to water much over there or does nature take care of it pretty well? I sure wish my back yard looked that green and lush...

Jamie said...

We water our back yard maybe twice a year, if it goes more than about 5 days without raining. IF! The biggest problem you have with grass in this country is that it gets waterlogged and/or gets ripped up and turned to a muddy mess because it rains too much. If I did no garden maintenance, it would still be green. Just covered in weeds!

V said...

I just love fresh new sod! Looks great!