Tuesday, March 30, 2010

The highlight of my day..

...is NOT getting new grass, believe it or not.  It is the song that Dylan sang to me this evening at bed time.  He asked for the prayer song (in a bid to stall lights out and sleep), so I started singing "A Child's Prayer."  He interrupted me and told me it was the wrong one.  He asked for the Jesus coming over song.  I told him I didn't know that one, and that he needed to sing it for me.  So he made up a little 3 line song about Jesus coming to our house in his car.  We talked about all the things we were grateful for (his was the garden fork and his daddy).  Then he told me all the people he loves, and he told me all the people that I love, too.  And he put himself at the top of the list. 

Guess what? 

Tonight, that is probably true.

No comments: