Wednesday, November 19, 2008

extra info on my james bond stunt...

So I just thought I would say hi just so you know I am doing okay. I have a few things to say about the incident just so you know how weird it was. Jamie did get the details of how it happened about spot on, but strangely, when I got out of the car, I didn't call the police first. Instead, I called our friend Lewis. I still can't figure out why, but it was probably to tell them what was happening and to have them come get me.

Weird thing no.2. We cannot figure how the car came to end up where it did. The car was on its side across the road, with the top of the car pointing back the way I had come. But as I run through what happened, it just seems so strange as I would have had to spin right around, but I don't remember doing that. But then I don't suppose I would.

No.3. I find it quite odd how calm I was. Once I got out of the car, I didn't feel panicky or worried, just thought how we needed to get the car out of the road. Afterwards I was sat in the ambulance (always good to have just in case, right?) I had my blood pressure and pulse taken. And they were 130 over 78 and 64bpm. 64!!! that's a resting heart rate, not that of a person just involved in a car accident. But I guess I am one of those people who doesn't get too uptight about things I can't affect, or worry too much after the fact.

that was all I had to say really. I am very irritated by it all, but the car was insured, I am fine, and the insurance company is being very good (so far)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Martin.....I'm so very greatful you weren't hurt. It's all that good karma paying off for you!

Deedee in Cedar City, Ut.

V said...

Hey, we just watched James Bond last night. Weird. I would have been a mess after that. I can't believe that you were so calm. Glad you're OK. Can't wait to see you guys in a few weeks. You guys stay safe OK. See you soon.

Anonymous said...

Aaah Martin, after all of that stunt driver training you received at Enterprise I would have thought that you would have been able to keep the car on all four wheels! I'm not too surprised with your vital readings though, you were always pretty calm and collected.

Nick Liechty