Saturday, November 08, 2008

Hooray for Saturdays!

Well, hooray for the ones that Martin has off work anyway. We've had a fantastic day today!

We drove to Ikea (in Leeds) first thing this morning to pick up a few bits and pieces for the nursery and dining room. We met a friend there--one of Martin's ex-girlfriends named Charlotte--and had lunch together. Then we came home and dropped Dylan off at his nanna's house for the night. Martin and I rushed home and started working on the nursery. We stripped wallpaper for over 5 hours, and man am I feeling it! We got a lot done, but it looks worse than it did when we started. I hate that, but I know that it has to get worse before it can get better. Anyway, I will post a few pictures tomorrow.

We took a quick break from DIY to pick up a cheeky Chinese for dinner, and got to see all the fireworks going off around Barton (it was bonfire night on Wednesday). It was lovely, but made us very glad that Dylan is spending the night in Ulceby.

By far the best part of the night was the shower. Nothing feels better than a hot shower when you are really filthy dirty!

Tomorrow is Cathy's birthday, and we are all having lunch as a family in the afternoon. What a busy weekend!

2 comments:

Amberlynn said...

I'm in deep love with Ikea. I think my favorite item (besides the LIVING ones like my children) is my drying rack from there.

Also, I agree with your disdain for wallpaper. WHY do people put that stuff up? Ah! Paint, people... paint.

Good luck with all that.

Greg, Ang & 4 kidlets said...

I can't wait to see pictures when it's all done. I will post pic's of our living room that's almost done- with our new couches soon:)