Monday, November 17, 2008

Like a broken record...

Well, another weekend and another trip to A & E. Same problem--sinus infection leads to asthma attack that is out of control, leads to nebulizer, steroids, antibiotics, and pain.

I'm so tired! I have only slept for 8 hours total over the last two nights because I can't sleep sitting up but I can't breathe lying down. Martin's mum has taken Dylan for a walk so that I can get a little bit of rest. She also had him last night while Martin took me to the hospital. We went to Grimsby instead of Scunthorpe since we had to drop Dylan off in Ulceby and the care was the same but the facilities were much nicer and newer.

I've also been to the doctor today. I've got a steroid inhaler to use daily for the rest of my pregnancy. Apparently asthma symptoms become worse for 1 in 3 women during pregnancy. I guess I just got lucky with Dylan. It might be the time of year or the fact that my body is exhausted from a pregnancy and 13 months of breast feeding and then another pregnancy on top of that. Either way, I'm going to have a rough week or so trying to get this under control. The nebulizer treatment wasn't nearly as effective this time. I went to the hospital because I sincerely could hardly breathe at ALL! I don't think I've ever had an attack this bad in my life.

Dylan has aslo been to see the doctor. We have both been sick off and on for about 6 weeks now, and I think we just keep infecting each other. I figured we should try to get both of us healthy at the same time, and go from there. We just share EVERYTHING, including all of our little germies. So Dylan will be having his first course of antibiotics at the tender age of nearly 15 months. I don't like it, but I can't have both of us getting sick all the time.

Martin has been a super star through all of this. He worked 7 days last week as there was a private party at the Place on Sunday, and he still took me to the hospital and was relatively patient and understanding about the whole thing. We didn't get to bed until 3 am, and he went to work at 9 this morning. He doesn't have a day off until Sunday (maybe Friday--it all depends)and will be taking care of me and Dylan when he gets off work. I married the best man in the whole world!

There is nothing in this world more terrifying than not being able to breathe. I hope it doesn't take too long to get the stupid asthma under control. I need sleep and air.

5 comments:

Greg, Ang & 4 kidlets said...

I'm so sorry Jamie- I can't imagine what it's like not to breathe. I REALLY hope you can get it under control. I'm glad you married such a great guy also:)

V said...

Jame I wish we were close by so we could help you out with Dylan and such. Hang in there. We love you Velecia:)

Emma said...

Hey Jamie,
Hope you are feeling better now, please let us know ANYTIME if you need any help. Lewis is on 8am-4:30pm tomorrow and is off on wednesday if you need us to have Dylan. We can come and pick him up if you need us to as I know you aren't keen on leaving the house at the moment - I don't blame you!!
xx
Emma

kriddlec said...

Jamie,

Get some sleep! I know...easier said than done. I love you and think of you always.

Love,
Krystle

Unknown said...

hes my shpell on your issue but you may not like it though. my second son was born with asthea and the only the worked on him for some reason was coffee. Yea not a good idea regliousily but it helped more then all the meds did. I had to flaver it up alot with the favored creamer. It actually work better the one the makes them really hyper for some reason the coffe didnt make him as hyper. Just a suggestion i hope you feel better