Monday, November 03, 2008

What should I do with myself???

Emma and Lewis have Dylan at their house for the day and Martin is at work. I am home alone and rattling around my big ol' house. I am still not feeling great, but a lot better. I am so torn--I have gotten some housework done and have made my pumpkin puree for Thanksgiving pies, and I am trying to decide if I should clean the house or rest.

Rest is appealing. I'm still not sleeping that great, though better than I have for several weeks, and my lungs are a bit on the delicate side. But I have an opportunity here to get the house clean without ANY interruptions and NO BOYS under foot to mess it up as I go along. And I do love having a clean house. I think the day will be a combination of housework and rest.

I hope Dylan is good for Emma. He is in a very good mood today, so he should be alright. We have started weaning him off bottles now. He only has two a day anyway--one first thing in the morning and one at night. This morning he had his milk in a sippy cup instead of a bottle, and he was ok. At first he pushed the cup away and refused to drink. He threw a little paddy. But he got there in the end. We'll get him used to the cup in the morning, and then we'll work on the night time bottle.

I'm pretty pleased that we'll have a baby again soon, because Dylan is getting so big and grown up now. He's even having his first proper haircut tomorrow. I love his little personality and I love that he is becoming more independent, but a new baby is sweet and helpless and ever so adorable.

The car is getting fixed today. It needs a new water pump, some kind of cap, timing belt, exhaust pipe, and brake light. Ouch! But it's still worth fixing rather than getting a new car. Our little Clio is small but nice and economical, and it is pretty much perfect for us. It might be a little bit cramped when newbie comes along, but you have to love 40 mpg and very low tax. Plus, we do need a car!

Martin got a new calling. He is now the 2nd counselor in the Elder's Quorum presidency. I'm still calling-less in the new ward, but I play the piano for Relief Society and sometimes for Sacrament Meeting. Fun stuff!

So yeah, we're going to the Mundays for dinner tonight and that's the first time I'll see Dylan. I always miss him so much when I get a few hours off. Heaven bless Emma and Lewis--they are such good friends!

No comments: