Monday, November 10, 2008

Pregnancy drama...

I fell today. I was coming down the stairs with the laundry hamper fullof dirty clothes and forgot I had the stair gate up. I tripped over it, and landed on the edge of Dylan's toy chest. Unfortunately, my baby belly bore the brunt of the fall, so I ended up going to the hospital to make sure everything was ok. The baby is fine, thank goodness, but I am going to have some sweet looking bruises and I feel like I just got beat up. In effect, I did. It's just that I did it to myself.

I've been to the hospital more times in the past 10 days than I have in the past 10 months. Thank goodness for the NHS!

6 comments:

Amberlynn said...

I hope health care here will be more care and less profiteering soon.

Unknown said...

oh my well its good youre ok and you didnt go in preterm laber. I v done that a couple times and there is nothing worse then thinking youre about to go through the most wonder thing and you dont want or cant have it becasue it may kill or or the baby. Then they put this honey stuff in ya to stop it and its hurts like hell but then its makes everytrhing ok so i guess it worth the hassle:)(

no more falling

Greg, Ang & 4 kidlets said...

That's pretty scary- so glad you & the baby are O.K.

Adriane said...

Wow, scary. Glad that you are both ok though. My husband is paranoid about there being a mat in the tub when I am pregnant because he worries about me falling.

V said...

I did that once and it really scared me. I've also been in a care accident pregnant, not fun. Glad that everything is OK.

Celeste said...

I'm glad you're okay!