Friday, November 07, 2008

Guess what? It's a...

...Baby!

We went to the ultrasound this morning. It was a bit stressful getting into Scunthorpe for the 9 am appointment and Martin and I were on less than loving terms when we left the house, but all was good once we got there.

In the words of the sonographer, "I saw everything I expected to see."

This baby is so cute. It was waving, covering it's ears with it's hands, bending double and stretching out, pounding against me with it's tiny fists, and waving. The spine looks great, and it has long legs (though not outside of the normal range). I still think it looks like it has the Priestley nose, but Martin thinks I'm crazy.

I must say, I enjoyed this scan much more than my 20 week with Dylan. The sonographer was way better--more friendly and helpful. She explained everything and got more detail than on the last one.

And, by the way, I think it might be a girl. We told her we didn't want to find out the sexof the baby, but the first view when she started the scan was bum cheeks and legs, and I didn't see any bits. Of course, it could have just been a bad angle. But I'm sitting here thinking to myself that I could have a daughter in 19 weeks. Kind of scary!!!

Martin had to take Dylan out about 10 minutes into the ultrasound. He was getting a little bit noisy and bored. As we were leaving Martin accused me of finding out the sex once he'd left. As if! I actually enjoyed having a surprise with Dylan. Although it would make a lot of sense to find out now, I have totally come around to the idea of having a surprise on the big day.

But I still think it might be a girl.

Anyway, that's the update. The baby looks completely healthy and normal-heart, spine, kidneys, bladder, stomach, brain, etc.

Can't wait to meet this one!

3 comments:

V said...

Yeah, I'm so excited for you guys. Just how sure are you that it's a girl? What percentage would you say? Looking for gifts I am.

Greg, Ang & 4 kidlets said...

Either way a new baby is awesome:) We have been looking for clothes (presents) also & I seem to ALWAYS be drawn to the girl stuff. Maybe that's why!

Emma said...

So pleased that all is well with Newbie.
xx