Saturday, February 21, 2009

Good news...

It's been a pretty rough day all 'round, but I'm not going to complain. Instead, I'll share some good news.

Up until Wednesday, Martin and I had no idea what we were going to call Newbie if he/she is a girl. As we sat in the cinema together reading the credits after our movie (that's how we picked Dylan's name, for those of you that didn't know), I told Martin I was really worried about it. 4 weeks away from my due date and we didn't have a name for a girl baby? What would we call her? In England you don't register the birth at the hospital. You have like 45 days to do it, but I didn't relish the prospect of calling our daughter "hey you."

So the film credits worked their magic again, and now we have first names for both sexes. It was really hard to decide this time. Martin and I just couldn't agree. I'm not posting the names in case someone doesn't like them and I feel compelled to change it again. But they're not strange ones. Probably a few people know already, but the rest of you will have to wait until the big day.

I will say this about my day--It has involved changing Dylan's sheets on his crib twice and there has been a significant lack of NAP! But Martin will be home soon and we are going to do some more painting in the kids' room, so it should improve soon. I really wish Martin didn't work 6 days a week. It would be lovely to have normal weekends like the rest of the civilized world.

By the way, my plastered walls look AMAZING with a coat of primer on them. I can hardly wait to see the finished product and get pictures posted. As I watched Martin painting last night, I was so proud of myself and all the hard work I put in on those walls. There's nothing quite like the satisfaction of a job well done!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

thats funny we did the some thing sort of we got conners name off the movie "hilander" and then i got brady's name off of my soap that i watch(days of our lives). Yea jeremy wasnt ammussed by that one but by the time you have more then two especially if you have one of each you could care less about naming the channel

Greg, Ang & 4 kidlets said...

Can't wait to hear 'em!

Adriane said...

We had a lot of fun "choosing" strange names from the scriptures. There was one verse that said something like "shimay arose" and Peter thought that it waould be great to name Ashlee Shimaya Rose. Didn't happen.