Friday, February 06, 2009

Motherhood makes you do some gross things...

Poor Dylan woke up from his nap screaming this afternoon, and because I am intimate with the proper functioning of his bowels, I knew it was probably because he was constipated. He was sobbing and miserable and completely inconsolable. So I brought him downstairs and ran a warm bath for him. Then I put him in it just so he would poo.

So disgusting!!!

The worst part was, after he'd done the business (I knew he would) I scooped out the worst of it, drained the tub, rinsed it clean, and ran him a fresh bath to clean him off. And this I did on purpose.

But it worked, and he's happy as Larry now--just watching CBeebies and dancing whenever a song comes on.

I never in a million years thought I would be doing this. Not exactly one of my life goals, if you know what I mean. If I was the drinking type, I would seriously have one right now to mourn the loss of my self respect and dignity, not to mention hygeine.

2 comments:

Celeste said...

I've never heard of that method! I'll have to remember it.

Adriane said...

Ah the joys of motherhood!