Saturday, February 28, 2009

Nesting--not a myth after all...

I've never believed that the "nesting" instinct of pregnant women really exists. I certainly never felt the uncontrollable urge to clean while I was pregnant with Dylan. When I had a free Saturday I would spend it resting or shopping or just watching telly and putting my feet up.

Christine has Dylan this morning. He spent the night there because Martin and I went out in Rotherham for Jen's birthday (posting pictures on Facebook soon). I woke up at about 7:30 this morning, and started cleaning when Martin went to work. I was just going to do the bathrooms and wash my front outside window, but I literally could NOT stop cleaning once I started. I did the kitchen from top to bottom, cleaned both bathrooms, did some laundry, folded clothes, tidied Dylan's room, vacuumed the stairs and all carpeted areas upstairs and down. I swept out my entrance way, vacuumed the sofa cushions, cleaned out the filters, and finally stopped because I can barely move. I want to do more, but know that I need to rest if I'm going to be able to take care of Dylan when Christine brings him home shortly.

I knew the whole time I was probably overdoing it, but I just wanted to keep going. I know I won't have a chance for a while once the baby is born, and I want everything as clean as possible before then. Plus, I keep thinking that if I stay really physically active it will bring on labor.

Tonight when Martin gets home I will have him help me work on our bedroom and organize underneath the stairs (that's a BIG job--it's our junk catcher).

So yeah, it appears that nesting isn't a myth--the phenomenon really exists, and it's hard to resist the urge once it hits!

3 comments:

Emma said...

I will refrain from saying I told you so, but you know I did, lol!
Hope you had a great time out last night.
x

Unknown said...

maybe you will have this baby sooner then you think..

V said...

I totally belive in it, I get that way every time. Clean, Clean, Clean. Just another way to prepare for what is coming next. (Baby #2)