Monday, March 30, 2009

Tomorrow is the big day...

Today has been just lovely, sickness and discomfort aside. Martin and I took Dylan grocery shopping, then he went to work and Dylan and I had lunch and a nap. When Martin got off work, we all went swimming together. Then we came home and had big snuggles and watched telly, ate dinner together, cleaned up and gave Dylan his bath, took him over to nanna and grandad's house, and put him to bed there. Then Martin and I went over and visited the Mundays for a while.

I got all emotional a couple of times today. It was our last day as a family of three, and my last day that I get to spend with just me and Dylan. And it was perfect! He was such an angel. He even fell asleep in my arms for a little while when we came downstairs after our nap. I am so excited to have this new baby, but I am going to miss the way our family is right now. Dylan and I have enjoyed this incredible bond, and now we've got to learn to bring another person inside our little circle.

I'm also thinking that this may be my last night pregnant. Obviously, it will be my last night with this pregnancy. But we haven't decided for SURE that we are only having two kids. We might want a third (though with a bigger gap next time) at some point further down the road. But if I have to have a c-section tomorrow, that decision is made for us. I know I have been whining about being pregnant forever, but if this is really it then it makes me a little bit sad, too. I love feeling the baby moving inside me, and to think that I may never feel this again is a little bit heart wrenching.

Martin is being Martin about the whole thing--calm, level headed, and rational. He's not even nervous about tomorrow, whereas I am a total wreck. Things are going to change so much in the next 24 hours.

I really wish I didn't KNOW that I was going to have a baby tomorrow. It would have been so much easier to have it happen early and get a huge adrenaline rush for the delivery without having time to think about everything like this.

So yeah, next post should be Martin writing and putting pictures of our Newbie on the blog. Exciting stuff. Wish me luck, everybody. Here's hoping for a natural delivery that includes a really good epidural and (hopefully) less than 21 hours of labor. Keep me in your prayers, please!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I love you Jamie! :) You'll do great, don't stress out TOO much!

Celeste said...

Good luck! I wish the all best for you and your family!

Emma said...

So excited for you Jamie and for Martin to. If it makes you feel any better I felt a bit emotional yesterday after you left because I know that when we see you next you will be a family of four and that is just so wonderful and exciting!
Love to you all, thinking about you all. Will be staring at my mobile all day!
Emma
xx

Greg, Ang & 4 kidlets said...

I remember thinking I could never love a new baby as much as I loved Anya- but amazingly I could! Again & again:)

We love you! Let's see- it would be 2:00 p.m. there- any luck yet? Hope to hear soon:)

Melissa said...

Husbands have a way of not stressing over births I think. My husband was just smiling and looking like he was having a great time the whole time I was in labor. He was a really big help though. I think they just don't get as worried when it's not happening to their body...

Amberlynn said...

Love you Jamie! Good luck tomorrow... and the next day... and the next... and...

V said...

Lots of loves, and waiting patiently for the good news.

ShaNeil Cook Coons said...

Yay!!! I'm so excited to see pictures of your baby girl! :) And I'm excited to know what her name is.... Mom forgot to ask because she was too excited! :D