Monday, May 25, 2009

After a wonderful day...

It has to be said, having Edith around is what I thought having a baby would be like.

This morning we took the kids to Pink Pig farm. They have a farm shop, cafe, and adventure trail that takes them around different animal pens and up to a playground. Edith slept the whole time, but Dylan had a great time. We dropped him off at Christine's house for the afternoon, then came home and worked on house stuff.

Martin got a lot done on the window. He got it scraped and primed, and he scraped the frame in the bedroom as well. I finally got caught up on the laundry (it only took three days) and did the usual house stuff. Tomorrow is bedrooms and floors day on the housekeeping rota--I'm going to try to get back in to my routine now that I'm feeling good.

Edith pretty much laid on her blanket and kicked and cooed while Martin and I worked. I had to stop a few times to feed her, but she was brilliant. Today is exactly how I imagined our lives before I had Dylan. Then he was born, and all of my dreams of happy, peaceful days with the baby flew out the window.

I love my babies!

No comments: