Friday, May 08, 2009

An ode to my washing machine...

Oh, how I miss you! How I long for the days of casually throwing in a load of whites because they needed doing. How I dream of lovingly placing baking soda, washing soda, laundry detergent, and vinegar in the tiny little drawers and listening to that metallic "click" as the cycle started. I think of all the times the spin cycle kicked on (oh, the beautiful spin cycle) and I wondered what the unholy racket coming from the kitchen was. I should have cherished the sound! Oh, the good times we've shared, my beloved Hoover ACM15.

Why, oh why did I take you for granted?

My washing machine has been on the fritz for about 4 weeks now, but it finally gave up the ghost 10 days ago. Can I just say that 2 kids generate a lot of rubbish and a LOT of laundry! We have been taking all of our laundry over to friends and family to get done, and it is such a pain in the backside. We got a quote of £100 to fix it, but Laurence found the part we need on line for a bit less and is going to do the work himself. So I should have a working washing machine by around Wednesday of next week. I can hardly wait!!!

No comments: