Sunday, May 24, 2009

What a week!!!



This is why I love gardening in England. This corner of our border was completely ignored until about 5 weeks ago. At that point I trimmed the dead bits off the iris and weeded around the geraniums. This glorious collection of greenery and flowers is the result of ZERO effort!





I haven't taken any pictures of the finished floor yet (am saving it for when my kitchen is cleaned), but Martin and I tiled the kitchen this week. I wanted to include the picture of Dylan's "plumber's crack" because I find it adorable. He has such a tiny bum that he is constantly showing a little bottom cleavage!

We have been super busy this week. Between book club and baseball, shopping and quiz nights, and the delivery of a new washing machine (hallelujah!) we haven't even had time to rest. Still aren't resting, as a matter of fact. Martin is re-finishing the window from the top bedroom since it is nice weather and he was able to just take the window out. He's scraping off the blistered paint while he watches Match of the Day (the Premiership season ended today). I did some furniture painting while he scraped the parts of the window that he could NOT take out of the window frame.

We are doing really well though. Dylan has had fewer tantrums this week, and Edith has slept through for two nights running. I've been fairly successful in my endeavor to eat fewer sweets, and Martin got to play baseball today. Tomorrow is a bank holiday, too. Martin has the day off and we are going to pop down to Hemswell Market in the morning. Dylan is going to his nanna's house in the afternoon so we can get some work done on the house. Edith is still a bit young to be away from me so she is going to stay with us and help by being adorable and making sure I don't overdo it.

1 comment:

Adriane said...

I think that babiestoddlers are the only people who can have a "plumbers crack" that everyone thinks is adorable!