Wednesday, May 06, 2009

My wonderful kids

Dylan and I were on our own for bedtime tonight. Sure, he still isn't asleep and he's upstairs crying. But I still think he's wonderful. We were reading tonight and I was amazed by how smart he is. He has started filling in the missing words in the books that we read together. Every time he says "cookie" my heart melts!

Edith is still just a baby and therefore very boring. But she is filling out now, and getting cuter all the time. I am especially happy that she has slept most of the day and hasn't been feeding constantly. I am also loving dressing her. She looks like the most perfect little doll, even though her hair has all fallen out at the front.

Martin is at baseball tonight, and as always I miss him when he is not here. But it's a home game this weekend and he is playing so he needs to go to practice. He especially needs the batting practice! When we did our trial run of both kids at the game it was a success, more or less, so Martin is likely to be playing in most home games and going to most practices. Just not the ones the week before a game he isn't going to play in.

I need to get myself somewhere to go once a week as well, just for my own sanity. But I won't be able to leave Edie for the night for a while yet, so I'll just continue to take long baths and read a lot of books for a while. I'm thinking of maybe doing an art class of some kind when she is a few months old. Maybe painting or life drawing. I love life drawing!

Anyway, watching my beautiful children develop is entertainment enough most of the time. That and the internet keep me pretty happy.

No comments: