Sunday, May 03, 2009

Locking Dylan out...

We got a lock for our fridge. Yesterday I was on the phone with a friend when Dylan came trotting in shouting "egg! egg! egg!" I looked at him, and he was holding one raw egg in each hand. I hung up ther phone immediately and tried to get the eggs from him. No luck. I chased him all around the house, with him shouting "egg" all the while!

I laughed for ages!

We are getting along famously. Edith is a lot more awake now, so I've not got as much free time as I did at first. But she is healthy and generally well settled, so I'm happy. Dylan is starting to acknowledge her a lot more, which is a good AND a bad thing. Yesterday he was kicking her while I was changing her diaper and hitting her with his whistle. But he's talking about her and giving her kisses as well.

We picked up a new pushchair today from Bradford. It's a Phil and Teds E3, and it's so amazing. We got it on Ebay, and it was MUCH cheaper than buying it new. So much so that it was worth the 50 or so miles we had to drive to pick it up. 1 minute after using it, I decided it was worth every penny we spent on it. We used the $$ that family members put into our American bank account for Edith. It's a gift for me, Dylan, AND Edie, and we really appreciate it.

Martin put a coat of paint on the front of the house. Almost all of the green bits are done now, and we just need to do a bit more green and then re-paint the cream bit. Once that is done, we need to do the upstairs window. Once the house looks good from the front, we will put it on the market and continue doing stuff on the inside. It needs to look good on the outside first though, or we will never get anybody in to look at how great the house really is!

Anyway, that's the update on us. Nothing new and exciting, but life rarely is. We are happy and just doing our thing!

1 comment:

Greg, Ang & 4 kidlets said...

I can't wait to see pictures of the front when it's all done. Ours still just has the stone on it, but the guys are coming today to grout & start the second layer of stucco. I am SO ready for them to be done & gone- I think it is almost better to do things on your own with your own schedule:)