Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Hooray for Ebay

I should work on commission for these guys! I adore everything about Ebay--the concept, the reality, the search options, the bargains, EVERYTHING!

I especially love that I had a good charity shop day with Emma and Edith last week. I've bought plenty of non-clothing items for myself on Ebay, but jeans are incredibly difficult for me to buy online. I absolutely MUST try them on (thanks, mom, for the genes that made it impossible for me to find good jeans!). But on our last shopping trip I found a mainstream brand that fits me well, looks reasonably stylish, isn't granny-ish, and is common enough for me to easily find on Ebay. Jeans shopping will never be the same for me again, and I think I will stock up on these jeans (Next) before we move back to the US. Hopefully I will be buying at least a size smaller after I shift some baby weight, but I have a feeling I will be brand loyal from here on out.

My pair that I bought last week just arrived with this morning's post. I tried them on immediately, and they fit like I've owned them for years. You know when you try on a pair of jeans and they just slip on like a glove? The way jeans should fit--comfortable and curve hugging and just plain lovely? I will never buy another brand of jeans, and since they are not cheap, I will always buy them on Ebay.

I feel like breaking in to the Ebay advert song and dance routine ("I did it EEEEEEEE Bay").

Anyway, loads of housework to do (bathrooms day) and lunch to prepare. Just thought I'd share my on-line jeans buying joy with the blogging community.

Happy hump day, everybody. Hope your day starts out as fine as mine has!

2 comments:

Greg, Ang & 4 kidlets said...

So are you going to tell us all this wonderful brand of jeans???

Jamie said...

I already did! It's "Next," a fab store here in England who do the BEST kids clothes and, as it turns out, the most comfy jeans, in the whole world.