Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Better than expected...

Edith's bedtime routine is going surprisingly well. Her first night was a little bit difficult, because she woke up 2 times instead of just her one and then an early morning. But she was wide awake when Martin put her down and she went to sleep by herself without crying first--a minor miracle since it took about 8 weeks of HELL for Dylan to get to that point. Last night was even better. She was in bed by about 9:30 and didn't wake up until 4:30 this morning. 45 minutes later she was sound asleep again, and didn't wake up until nearly 9 am. Such a good night's sleep! I haven't slept that well for months. It was even better because I woke up on my own--was already awake when she woke up and wanted feeding.

So it was a good night, but I am still all emotional! Velecia posted pics of ShaNeil's wedding on her blog, and I got all sad that I wasn't there for it. ShaNeil looked so beautiful and happy, and I got to see all these pictures of my mom and sisters and neices and nephews. I wish so bad that I had been there. And it was mothers' day the day after, and I would have loved to spend it with my mommy and introduce her to my lovely daughter.

Just a few days ago I was enjoying the beautiful English countryside and thinking about how much I would miss it when we moved home. I even thought (for a few mutinous seconds) that I would be happy to stay here forever. I do love living in England. But then I think about all of the big family things that I miss. My younger sister's hooding ceremony, my baby sister's wedding, birthdays, blessings, burials, and everything in between. I haven't been to a family reunion in YEARS! I know Martin has family over here, but not nearly as much as I have. And they aren't as close as I am to my family. I will never stop wanting to be closer to my beloved family!

So I'm a bit melancholy, but managing. My babies keep me busy and happy, and Martin's family are wonderful. Life is good. It really is just the big things that make me long for home.

And yet, I still call it home even though we haven't lived there for nearly 4 years!

No comments: