Saturday, May 02, 2009

Fun in the Gilbert bath




Rub a dub dub, three men in a tub!

First of all, we love the way our kids look after having a good tummy full of breast milk. Kind of like most of the people who roll out of Charlies on a Friday night lookwhen they have a skin full, but with breast milk instead of beer.

Second, I had the most fun bathing all three boys! Now, It was a little wierd because I had three naked boys with me who aren't mine, and there really wasn't that much room for them all, but they had a great time anyway. Plus, it wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be as they all kind of just played with the bath toys.

On an unrelated note, we managed to break my Grandma.

My grandparents were here visiting and had decided to go and check out Dylan's bed. Jamie was upstairs with Grandad, and Grandma was coming up after. Somehow she managed to slip whilst climbing, fall, and wind up at the bottom of the stairs, probably with very little grace or elan. Now while all this is going on I am at work, so I come home to find Gran sat with a bag of frozen veg on her knee. We had to pretty much lift Gran out to their car as she could not put any weight on her leg.

Now, Jamie advised Grandad to go to Grimsby hospital as they would be the ones who could best help, but Grandad decided that it would be ok to go to Louth hospital, which is very small hospital and not able to cope with certain cases. We later found out that Gran had broken her Tibia very close to her knee, and had to go to.....? You guessed it, Grimsby hospital! So now Gran has a cast from her ankle up to the top of her thigh and is kind of stuck.

So I feel a little responsible because she did it on my stairs, but I know it could have happened anywhere. So we are hoping that she recovers quickly and will be back to normal when she is done.

No comments: