Friday, May 29, 2009

Barton Central Surgery, my new home...

I have been at the doctor's office three times in the last two days. Yesterday it was to have a girlie appointment in advance of some long-term birth control options (probably done, but DEFINITELY not having another 19 month age gap!). Today it was for Edith's first course of injections and her 8 week check. Then I went again this afternoon because I was having serious chest pain and could hardly breathe.

The appointment yesterday was fine. I've never had a problem with "womens' appointments." I just don't get embarrassed or uptight about stuff like that. I am about 2 weeks away from a Mirena IUD. It's a bit too early for Martin to go in for the permanent solution. Besides, we might want another one?!?

Edith's appointment was fine as well. She is healthy as can be, other than a little case of oral thrush and a little head rash on her chest. She was a champion when it came to her shots. She hardly even cried and hasn't been cranky or fussy since then, either. Of course, tonight will be the big test.

The third appointment was for my pain, and it was determined that it is not a blood clot. I apparently just have a badly strained muscle in my chest. MAN, it really hurts, too. Dr. Wellings gave me co-codemol (I guess it's similar to Tylenol 3--is that the kind with codeine?). I took two of them as soon as I got home, and when they kicked in 45 minutes later it was the greatest relief. Seriously, OUCH!

So my DIYing is coming to a halt for the time being. Martin is on his own for a little while. I shouldn't have been pushing it so hard. I had a baby just 8 weeks ago, and my joints are probably still very soft. I should have been more careful! Now I'm going to be in constant pain for about a week until my muscles have a chance to heal.

Speaking of DIY, the house is really looking good! We have been focusing on the outside as that is the most important for putting it on the market. If we don't impress potential buyers in the first 30 seconds, they will never come inside and look around. So everything is getting a fresh coat of paint and I am even putting a hanging basket in the entrance way. This time I will chain it to the door, because I had a few planters stolen the first summer that we lived here.

I'll get some pictures taken and posted soon.

And I'll put some pictures of the kids on, too.

1 comment:

Adriane said...

I have had my Mirena since last February (08). It is good. Haven't had any regular cycles in a long time and hardly any, shall we say, Aunt Flo, for at least a year. Her dog "spot" visits a bit every few weeks or so. Anyway, good luck with it. I like mine.