Saturday, August 08, 2009

Budget constraints...

Martin and I have been gradually getting used to less and less money! The change has been so slow that it hasn't been very noticeable--until this week.

We are broke. We are budget watching, portion size cutting, toilet paper stealing, potty training from necessity broke! It is hard, surviving on Martin's pittance with me not working.

The worst part is, I'm not ABLE to work, even if I could get a good job, because Edith won't take a bottle. I'm currently trying to drum up some massage clients and Martin is doing a little maintenance job for a couple tonight to earn some extra money.

We've felt really poor quite a few times, but have never actually been this strapped for cash before. I am wondering where we're going to get the money to buy Edith's diapers and milk for Dylan next week. We have to drive to church tomorrow (because I'm speaking in Sacrament meeting) and have to find the money for petrol somewhere. I'm just waiting for the miracle that should happen since we are trying to do the right thing.

Luckily, though I don't have a year's supply of food due to budget and space constraints, I DO have quite a bit of food in the house. I even found an extra bit of minced beef that I didn't know I had, and I nearly cried for joy! I will be able to feed us, I think, without buying groceries for about 5 days. After that I will need to buy basics like milk and butter and cheese. We can manage on very little money for about a month with what I've got in the cupboards.

Anybody have any great recipes that just use sunshine and smiles?

Fingers crossed!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

pray, pray, pray weve been in the same boat and i found leaving it in gods hands has been the only thing that has gotten through the day and week..i have found it surprising how weve made it throu the week on all but nothing and had some money lefted over..you in our prayer and keep your chin up and think when you move back here you can massage me all you want:) And ill pay double

Greg, Ang & 4 kidlets said...

Tell me what we can do to help you guys!!! Seriously. It would be so much easier with you in Utah:) We will pray for you also- that never hurts:)