Saturday, August 22, 2009

Waiting for chips with cheese...

Is it weird that I have an easier time of being a full time stay at home mom and housewife when Martin is at work all day?

I was thinking about this today while I cleaned the house and cooked for some friends who joined us for dinner. I cleaned the kitchen and bathroom really well and made a lasagna and home made french bread. And, of course, took care of the kids. Martin was working all day, as he does every Saturday. So I had no help--he got home about 35 minutes before our company arrived.

I think it's because I am still trying to do everything while he is at work. And since Martin works right during my busiest time of day with the kids (lunch and nap time) I end up running around like a headless chicken the entire 3 hours. When he gets home I am absolutely exhausted. When he's gone for 8 hours, I have that entire time to prepare meals, clean the house, shower, make sure the kids are nice and cute and cleaned up, play with them, etc.

And saying that, why on EARTH am I still trying to do all the housework and cook all the meals when Martin is only working part time?

This has just occurred to me.

Hmmmmm...

We had the "curly haired family" over for dinner. Liz is a regular at the Place, and Martin just adores their family. She, her husband Ashley, and their children Jacob and Gabriel all have crazy curly hair, and Martin has really liked them all since he started working there. We've been meaning to have them over for nearly a year now and just haven't gotten around to it. Ashley is working away, but Liz and the kids came over. We loved having them! The kids are just fantastically well behaved and good looking!

Martin had to go back to work tonight, too. He got a phone call at about 4:45 this evening. It was Julia, and she wanted him to come in to work for a private function they were having tonight. She thought Col had asked him, and Col that Julia had asked him. Luckily for them we have no life and he was able to come in with just 3 hours notice on a Saturday night.

Busy weekend. I'm going to watch "House" and then go to bed and hope Martin doesn't wake me up when he comes in. Unless he has chips with cheese!

No comments: