Tuesday, August 04, 2009

A pick-me-up...

Some of you may have noticed that I've been feeling a bit blue lately. I've been angry and frustrated with the kids. Mostly I've been tired and run down. It happens to everyone. I think it was mostly a tiredness issue.

Well, in the grand tradition of Jamie I did what I seem to do quite often for a pick me up. I dyed my hair. I dyed it a shade of red that I haven't used for quite some time. And it's permanent. It was only done last night, so we'll see if it proves to be the magic elixer I've been after. It certainly makes me LOOK less tired. I hadn't realized how many gray hairs I had until this morning when I looked in the mirror and they were all gone.

Also helpful--Edith slept through last night! I can't believe what a difference that is making already today. 6 1/2 hours of uninterrupted sleep make a girl feel like a million dollars--especially when we've been getting about 7 hours a night with at least two (though usually three) interruptions.

I'm so glad that I breastfeed my babies, but MAN is it hard work sometimes. It honestly feels like the hardest thing in the world at 3 in the mornign when I have to drag myself into a sitting position and stay awake for around 20 minutes. For the past few days I've actually fallen asleep whilst feeding her. I wish she would take a bottle, but part of me is glad that she won't. I know that if she would take a bottle, I would pack it in and just give her bottles until she moved to a cup at 1 year. I am looking forward to having my body back to myself. 3 years is a long time to be pregnant and/or breastfeeding!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

When I have to get up and feed my baby in the middle of the night I hate having to sit while he eats too! I have started feeding him laying down. It works really well for us. He seems to eat better when I do that. Maybe you should try it. The major drawback to it though, is that it's easier to fall asleep while they are eating.