Thursday, March 12, 2009

Family is everything...

We had a lovely visit with Martin's grandparents tonight! They came up for dinner, and I made Toad in the Hole--which turned out perfectly. I usually try to do a dessert if they are coming over, but I just wasn't up to it tonight. I'm sure they understand.

I really do adore Martin's family--all of them. They have been so good to me and have been so welcoming, loving, and understanding of the fact that they're all I've got over here. I do get frustrated with them sometimes, but it's mostly because I miss my family so much.

I'm feeling all mushy about my family tonight. Last night was a painful one, but Dylan was amazingly good all day and Martin has been great (as usual). I've loved spending time with my baby today, and I'm looking forward to the evening with my husband. I'm really looking forward to meeting my new little one. I am excited to have a tiny baby again (and even more excited to not be pregnant any more).

How does one girl get so lucky? I have the greatest little family in the whole world

1 comment:

V said...

OK, what is Toad in the Hole? Do I really want to know?