Monday, March 23, 2009

Mother's Day...

Well, this mother's day was infinitely better than last! I thought it was going to be terrible when I woke up at 3 am and was unable to get back to sleep until around 6, but Martin very kindly took Dylan downstairs and let me go back to sleep. Then I was greeted at around 8:30 with a happy son and husband, a lovely card, and toast in bed. Church was tolerable, if not a little bit uncomfortable, but we left early to meet up with Christine and the Priestley grandparents for a picnic at Hubbards Hills (pictures to follow).

We spent a really delightful afternoon having our picnic (which I prepared, but never mind) and going for a nice leisurely walk. Dylan ran around like a madman kicking his ball and chasing ducks, and I got to play official camera man for the outing. Then we drove to Laurie and Christines, where I had a nap while Dylan and Martin watched the second half of the Liverpool v. Everton match. Upon waking, we had a delicious Mexican feast cooked by Laurie. Then it was bath time for Dylan and home for us. Martin and I spent the evening curled up on the sofa watching the back episodes of Lost that we've been missing and I did some cross stitch. Then it was bed for me and Match of the Day for Martin. We all got a decent night's sleep, and woke at 7:15 this morning. Today is just back to business as usual, but it's good all the same.

Oh, I also got a dozen yellow roses from the boys. They're beautiful!!!

I told Martin that the only way the day could have been any better is if I had gone into labor and had a very quick delivery. Alas, it was not to be. 5 days over now, but only 5 more days of being pregnant MAX! I guess I should try to enjoy them, as this is probably the last time I will be pregnant. But it's hard to "enjoy" being 40+ weeks pregnant. It's just not fun any more at this point.

Anyway, I have some great pictures to post and will probably do that later today (Dylan and Newbie permitting). Hope all of my GB readers had a great Mother's Day as well!

No comments: