Saturday, March 21, 2009

If only I wasn't pregnant still...

Today is beautiful, again. The sun is shining, birds are singing, Dylan is being cute. We went to the park with Emma and the boys this morning, and they joined us for lunch and cartoons after. Dylan had a fantastic nap, and I got some good sleep as well. The only frustrating part of today is that I am still freakin' pregnant! 3 days overdue now, and I am feeling it!

After managing to avoid the pregnant "waddle" for most of my pregnancy (except when first standing up and starting to walk), I have now developed it. My body is just so big and unwieldy, and I have to swing my hips out funny just to walk.

Martin didn't get that job he interviewed for yesterday. You, dear blog readers, got to find out before Martin did. They posted a letter through our door with the news. However, the guy who interviewed him seemed genuinely disappointed that it wasn't Martin. He wrote a personal note on the bottom of the letter--very nice little note, too. But if Martin does get shutdown work, it's better this way. He was really in a quandry about what to do if he got offered both. I know he'll be disappointed, though. He's been working so hard to get stuff done and get more work. Nobody works harder than my husband!

Well, tomorrow is Mothering Sunday, and I am preparing myself for a disappointing day. Last year, my FIRST mother's day, Martin didn't get anything for me. I actually spent my morning throwing together a last minute mother's day gift for HIS mom, as he didn't get anything for her either. Hopefully it goes better this year, but I'm not holding my breath. It's going to be a busy one at church with the Primary children singing in Sacrament meeting and making cards during sharing time. But, Newbie and weather permitting, we are going to go for a picnic with the Gilbert/Priestley clan at Hubbards Hills, near Louth. Personally, I'd rather go to the hospital and have a baby. What a perfect mother's day gift!

Anyway, must get dinner started since we are doing a video call with mom and dad today instead of tomorrow. Pork chops for dinner--but I don't know how I'm cooking them. It's hard to be creative when you are cooking three meals a day, 7 days a week. I'm bored of it!

1 comment:

Emma said...

Aww bless you both. So gutted for Martin. Hope you have a lovely day tomorrow. I am prepared for disappointment to, but my mum is cooking dinner for us tomorrow which I am really looking forward to - I don't feel guilty because I have cooked dinner on Mother's Day for the last three years, so I'm taking my turn to chill!
Trying to send labour vibes your way xx