Thursday, March 26, 2009

Mixed reviews...

Today was my hospital appointment, and I have mixed feelings about the whole thing. The doctor did an internal exam, and I learned that my cervix is still tightly closed--NOTHING is happening! They couldn't even do a membrane sweep. So I am not even close to having this baby.

Mr. Roberts, my consultant, was busy, so I was seen by one of his assistants. She seemed in favor of doing my c-section tomorrow, but I told her I really didn't want another c-section. They don't do scheduled sections on weekends, so Mr. Roberts agreed to let me go to term + 13 days. I am supposed to go to the antenatal ward at the hospital on Tuesday morning to be assessed. If I have started dilating at that point, they will consider inducing me before they do a c-section.

So I thought I'd have a baby for sure on Sunday, but now it will be Tuesday instead. Kind of a let down, but kind of a relief at the same time. It gives me two extra days to start on my own and avoid surgery.

In other news, Dylan is still sick. He had a pretty good couple of days with no vomiting (though still not eating much). He was happy and cheerful again. He spent the night at the Mundays' house last night so I could get to my hospital appointment today, and he spent this morning projectile vomiting--including on their brand new carpet!!! Now he is tired and cranky and doesn't know what he wants. We want him to take a nap. He's not happy being held, but cries when you put him down even for a second.

Eight days overdue, and looking at another 5 days, with a sicky toddler who won't stop crying. Awesome!

But at least Martin is home with me and we can help spell each other with Dylan. He's such a good husband and father!

5 comments:

Adams Family Album said...

Honey, I don't know how you're doing it! I still have 27 days left until my c-section is scheduled and I am MISERABLE! Try castor oil, maybe that'll speed things up :D

Adriane said...

I would rather have a sicky kid and still be pregnant than have a sicky kid and a newborn! Hope Dylan is well soon.

Jamie said...

I've heard that castor oil works, but also that it can be dangerous. Who knows!?! And Adriane, I agree that it's easier to have a sick toddler and be pregnant than have a sick toddler and a newborn. Though I'd rather have a healthy toddler and a newborn. Oh well--can't win them all, right?

V said...

Hang in there Jame, it will get better.

Greg, Ang & 4 kidlets said...

Hey- Tuesday is Anya's b-day! But I hope you don't have to wait that long:)