Monday, March 09, 2009

Things are definitely looking up...

It's absolutely amazing what a good night's sleep will do for a girl. After spending one of the longest weeks of my life in a near-zombie state, I now feel prepared to go at least another 9 days until I have the baby!

Saturday was rough. After getting about 1 hour of sleep Friday night, Dylan wouldn't take a nap. So I got zero sleep during the day, which was bad!!! Then, while I was making dinner for my boys Dylan slipped on the skirting board for his nursery and banged his chin on the edge of the piano. He cut it pretty badly and spent the next 45 minutes or so sobbing and bleeding all over both of us. When he hadn't stopped bleeding 3 hours later, we decided we should take him to the emergency room. So we got him into his pajamas, packed his sippy cup full of milk, grabbed a few bed time books, and drove in to Scunny. 2 hours later, we came home. He didn't have to have stitches, thank goodness. They just cleaned him up and glued the cut. He has a big bruise all around the cut, as well. Poor kid looks like he's been in a fight as he already had a scratch on his eyelid where he whacked the coffee table on Friday night. But he's a trooper and is just fine now.

Martin was awesome yesterday. He prepared all three meals for us, and let me get a 2 hour nap. I needed it desperately, and felt much better for it. Then we went over to the in-laws' house and watched "Lost." They've been recording it for us since we don't have Sky any more and that's the channel it's being shown on. They had Dylan overnight so Martin and I could sleep in this morning, which we very gratefully did. And I got around 8 hours of sleep! That is why it is nap time and even though Dylan and I are both awake we are doing just fine. I'm tired, but not exhausted.

This morning was good, as well. I had an early midwife appointment (totally routine and boring, but I'll be seeing them again in just 10 days' time) and did my grocery shopping without Dylan. Martin got up after I left for my appointment and fixed some of the skirting board in the kids' room. Just one more length to go, and then we need to fill the nail holes and the gaps between the wall and board. Then it's a quick paint touch up (and a minor plaster repair job) and we're done. Just closet doors to go, and Martin's grandad is making those.

In midwife news, when they measured me this morning we discovered that I am officially off the charts. They contacted the hospital to see if the consultant wanted to see me again since this is obviously such a big baby. But I haven't heard back from them, and no news is good news. Right? There's nothing they can do about it though, even if they DO see me again, so I just have to be patient.

And that's the update. Nothing too exciting, but we're all doing well and are happy and healthy and staying busy.

1 comment:

Greg, Ang & 4 kidlets said...

No baby yet? I'm SO sorry:) We are all anxiously awaiting in the U.S.- no more than you are though:)